Mark turned 6 years old last weekend and we had a LEGO PARTY! This was my first attempt at a ‘friend’ party. One were Mark invited a few friends over and we had a little bit of structured games, fun and party favors. Lucky for me, I had some help making it all happen. My sister came into town and she helped me pull it all together at the last minute (not to mention Bernie was extremely helpful as well!). I think I underestimated how much work these parties are. But Mark had a great time and we all can’t believe he is SIX YEARS OLD!
I can’t believe my oldest child is 6 years old! Time sure does fly when you are having fun!
6 will be a big year for him.
- He has 2 very busy little brothers that seriously push Mark’s patience, but also teach him how to be a role model and teacher.
- He starts Kindergarten in a month and a whole new school, teacher, and friends will be an experience for us all!
- We have been doing swim lessons and I really hope he becomes a stronger swimmer.
- We are planning to start soccer in the Fall, we will see how team sports suit his little personality.
- We are right around the corner from learning to read! (*I mean really read, currently we are picking up on several sight words and environmental text). We are making several trips to the library, and trying to find books about Batman and Legos, because right now, that is his biggest interest.
I would love to blog about our busy boys more often, but life can be pretty hectic with 3 boys, 6 years old and younger, working and having fun adventures! So stay tuned, I will do the best I can!!